Without endearing characters, movies would be completely joyless entities. Luckily, we have characters of all shapes, sizes, races, morals, ethics, faiths, personalities, sexualities, and depth. And sometimes, we find ourselves hooked on a specific character or character type. It’s no astonishing secret that the general public is somewhat enamored by the idea of the movie villain. Someone so treacherous and exciting that, often times, their popularity supersedes that of the person we should be rooting for.
But this list isn’t about villains. It’s about our protagonists (primarily pretty contemporary or re-imagined ones) and how, despite the fact that we love to watch them in movie life, dealing with them on a daily basis is an entirely new challenge. Because it’s easy to love some people from a distance, and much harder to love them when they’re within hugging range.
Note that this is not a knock to any of the characters or movies presented, it’s merely a reflection that sometimes the reason we love people we’ll never know is because we’ll just never have to tolerate them like the other characters in the movie. Keep on causing havoc, boys and girls. We’ll keep loving you for it.
We are currently seeking Film contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Film contributor, click here.
You Might Also Like...
- 10 Most Ridiculously Awesome Montages In Movie History
- Man Of Steel 2: 5 Reasons Standalone Superman Sequel Should Be Next
- 10 Greatest Movie Cops
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools