Christmas is one of the cosiest times of the year, a time teeming with television and films specially catered for this wondrous occasion. Anybody reading this will no doubt be familiar with cuddling up on the sofa with your family or significant others and watching a festive film, full of friendly snowmen, merry elves, and the ever-present Santa Claus himself. Films such as Elf, Home Alone and the Muppets Christmas Carol have long entertained the audiences of the world around this time of year, leaving them cheerful and buoyant for the remainder of their holidays, but, there are some that present a different Christmas altogether.
These people are a strange bunch, who instead of sitting in front of a roaring fire, would rather stick the flaming poker up their chimney. There is nothing wrong with horror films, as the suspense they can create sends an adrenaline rush that you can’t elsewhere get in the comfort of your own home. However, you don’t really want to be heaving up your turkey watching a Christmas film. And that’s not to mention the little children, whose abiding memory of a day filled with presents, food and games will be of a reindeer being garroted or a woman being beaten to death by a frozen mince pie.
Though these films are about Christmas, and therefore should be watched at Christmas, I advise you wait until the kids are carefully tucked away with their lovely new toys and their psyches still intact. Then, make sure the house is locked tight, the fireplace is sealed, and indulge your guilty Yuletide pleasures.
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING LIST CONTAINS SPOILERS
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools