9. How Does Andy Pin The Poster Up? (The Shawshank Redemption)
We were all too busy clapping and cheering at the end of Frank Darabont’s classic prison drama The Shawshank Redemption to even begin to question what we had just seen. Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) makes his harrowing escape out of Shawshank by constructing a tunnel over countless years, which he then exits through, but not before putting a poster up to cover the hole on his way out.
Wait a minute. How, exactly, did Andy manage to pin the poster back up from the inside of the hole? Alright, he’d be able to pin the top two corners up, as well as probably one of the bottom ones, but how would he form the seal?
While it’d be reasonable to assert that you could probably get away with leaving the other corner unpinned, we clearly see all corners pinned perfectly. Was there a secret accomplice in the prison helping Andy? We’ll be left to speculate until the end of time.
We are currently seeking Film contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Film contributor, click here.
You Might Also Like...
- 10 Great Movies Too Depressing To Really Love
- 10 Idiotic Decisions Made By Characters In Man of Steel
- 10 Totally Inept Movie Criminals
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools