1. Jar-Jar Binks – Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
“Mesa cause one, two-y little bitty axadentes, huh? Yud say boom de gasser, den crashin der bosses heyblibber, den banished?”- Jar Jar Binks
The above profound quote and video should highlight all the issues with this character. He is an annoying, and frankly racist character that only offends. The audience is given no reason to like him, he causes chaos everywhere he goes and he ruins every scene he is in by his presence in it.
He is not funny in any way so the character has no purpose. His shtick is quickly worn out, and by the end of Episode 1 you are exhausted at just how stupid this character is. In the sequel he is merciful trimmed out and rarely shown. The madness however continues, Binks is the most incompetent member of his species, and yet becomes a Senator on Coruscant. What? Why?
The screen time of this character is a total waste and unnecessary to the film as a whole. The Phantom Edit proved this. He is still the sole thing that embarrasses me about being a Star Wars fan. I cannot justify him, nor will I. This is as bad as the “Bat-Credit Card” in Batman & Robin.
What have we missed? Let us know in the comments section below.
We are currently seeking Star Wars contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Star Wars contributor, click here.
You Might Also Like...
- 8 Movie Series So Out Of Order They Had Us Totally Confused
- 5 Directors Who Fell Back On Their Star Properties After Years Away
- 8 Things We Want From Star Wars Battlefront 3
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools