5 Awesome Performances…
5. Commando (1985)
If you enter into Commando looking for realism, looking for plausible cause and effect, then you’re going to leave this one shaking your head in disappointment. But if you go in looking for a ridiculously over-the-top eighties action extravaganza, then you’ve found your promised land.
When an evil Freddie Mercury impersonator kidnaps Arnie’s daughter, you know that what he does next is going to ensure that for Bennett, the show most certainly will not go on. In Commando, Arnie can ‘smell’ enemies coming, he can tear car seats out of their housing in seconds and he can generally dispense one-man-army justice without so much as breaking a sweat.
Schwarzenegger is perfect in a role like this, and it’s a role you’ll have seen him in many times in the past, but Commando is arguably the pinnacle of his genius as an unstoppable army of one.
You Might Also Like...
- 10 Greatest Movie Cops
- WWE RAW Review 6/17/2013: 5 Things We Learned
- 5 Unhappy World Class Strikers Who Want A Summer Transfer
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools