It seems like a very off the wall choice but from the looks of his role in Casa De Mi Padre (House of My Father), Will Ferrell does a pretty good job of nailing down the Spanish language in the newly released (or leaked) trailer for his spoof comedy Telenovellas. Though despite the half decent execution and a supporting cast that includes Gael Garcia Bernal, Diego Luna, Efren Ramirez, and Genesis Rodriguez, I still have the feeling that the idea may have been funnier on paper than it is in reality.
So, what exactly is it about? IMDb are here to help;
Armando Alvarez (Will Ferrell) has lived and worked on his father’s ranch in Mexico his entire life. As the ranch encounters financial difficulties, Armando’s younger brother Raul (Diego Luna), shows up with his new fiancé, Sonia (Genesis Rodriguez). It seems that Raul’s success as an international businessman means the ranch’s troubles are over as he pledges to settle all debts his father has incurred. But when Armando falls for Sonia, and Raul’s business dealings turn out to be less than legit, all hell breaks loose as they find themselves in a war with Mexico’s most feared drug lord, the mighty Onza (Gael Garcia Bernal)
Funny or Die duo Andrew Steele (script) and Matt Piedmont (director) collaborated.
Most Hollywood comedy actors have a very distinct shelf life, of maybe a decade even the huge ones. Jim Carrey owned the ninetees, Ferrell was his equivalent in the noughties, but his box office has waned in the recent past, leading to crazy ventures like this to hold it through the 20-teens. Judgement is reserved until we get to see this movie later this year, exact date unknown.
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools