It just goes to show how much interest OWF have in Avatar as on the day it’s chief film critic Mike Edwards is to see the film in London, we are more interested in talking about what’s next for James Cameron – what his future holds, than how much we are looking forward to his latest film.
Which by the way, basically means we’re not.
Production Weekly report that “James Cameron is developing a Shane Salerno-scripted sci-fi action script for Fox, described as an ‘event’ film set in the future.”
Slash Film have done their research and come up with a Hollywood Reporter announcement on Doomsday Protocol, a “Seven Samurai movie with aliens” script that was written by Salerno, and bought by 20th Century Fox in a seven-figure deal in September 2008. Back then they said…
“Plot details are being kept under wraps, but it is known to be an epic science fiction adventure in the vein of The Seven Samurai involving a group of aliens and humans with various abilities who are brought together to save Earth.”
Salerno is the writer of Alien vs. Predator.
No word yet as to whether it’s a project Cameron has his eyes on to direct (or I guess if this is event the project PW are referring too, though it’s 95% likely) but the concept of aliens & humans saving the Earth is the kind of epic that you can imagine he would be interested in and would further fuel his current insistentence on pushing forward 3-D technology.
Though one might think it’s too close in concept to Avatar and he would be repeating himself by making this next, and well, the Battle Angel Alita itch still needs scratching.
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools