The latest trailer for the much anticipated second collaboration between Brad Pitt and writer/director Andrew Dominik, ‘Killing Them Softly’, has been released. The crime film has been getting a lot of buzz after receiving positive reviews at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival and is Dominik’s first release since 2007′s critically adored but largely under appreciated ‘The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford’, which also starred Pitt.
Based on the 1974 novel ‘Cogan’s Trade’ by George V. Higgins, the film centres around a professional enforcer named Jackie Cogan (Pitt) as he investigates a heist that took place at a poker game involving the mob. Also starring James Gandolfini, Ray Liotta and Richard Jenkins, Killing Them Softly is due to be released October 19th 2012, in the US and Canada.
First impressions from the trailer are that it’s visceral and violent, with an exciting lead performance by Pitt. Also, as expected with a Dominik film, it looks to be beautifully shot. See the trailer and previously released poster below.
You Might Also Like...
- Win: Killing Them Softly On Blu-ray, We Have 5 Copies To Give Away
- How Killing Them Softly Reinvigorates The Crime Genre
- Countdown to Cannes 2012: Killing Them Softly
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools