6. An Unbeatable Likeness?
It was obvious from the moment we found out he’d been cast that Henry Cavill looks sort of like Superman. But after seeing the trailer, I’m now convinced that Henry Cavill looks exactly like Superman. And not just any version of the character either, but Superman as painted by the mighty Alex Ross. Take a look:
Ross’ Superman tends to be painted as more mature of course but still, Cavill has the build, he’s got the hair and he’s got the jawline. Other than a young Christopher Reeve I don’t think any actor could fit more organically into the role of a modern Superman than the young British talent.
With casting nailed so effortlessly, at least in terms of a face fit we’ll hopefully seeing the Superman franchise make a return to greatness after the god awful failed reboot that 2006 guffed out.
You Might Also Like...
- 10 Idiotic Decisions Made By Characters In Man of Steel
- Man Of Steel 2: 5 Most Likely Villains
- Win: Man Of Steel: Inside The Legendary World Of Superman Hardcover & Film Novelisation
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools