The Incredible Burt Wonderstone has seemed too good to be true since the very first day it was announced. Sure, the director is a virtual unknown, and the plot seems like it could be hit or miss, but with a cast as amazing as this one, it’s hard to not be hotly anticipating the movie. I mean, come on… the supporting cast includes Steve Buscemi, James Gandolfini, Jim Carrey, Alan Arkin, and Olivia Wilde – how can you not be immediately sold?
At the center of the film is the phenomenal Steve Carell, who will be playing the titular Burt Wonderstone.
Here’s the synopsis:
“When a street magician’s stunt begins to make their show look stale, superstar magicians Burt Wonderstone and Anton Marvelton look to salvage on their act – and their friendship – by staging their own daring stunt.”
As great as Steve Carell is, he’s no stranger to flops. Will The Incredible Burt Wonderstone be one of them? I’m routing for a solid comedy, of course, but we’ll find out when the movie opens, and until then, let’s take a look at some of the best and worst performances of Carell’s career.
5. Brick Tamland – Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Whoever it was that decided to cast Steve Carell in this film deserves some sort of lifetime achievement award. Up until this point, Carell wasn’t a popular name at all: his most high profile film to date had been in a small supporting role in Bruce Almighty, and he had appeared in a lot of throwaway films and television shows.
When he landed a part in Anchorman, however, it became clear that we were looking at a future comedy star.
His random comments are quoted to this day, and the performance established the loveable idiot persona that the actor still uses in a lot of his films. The sequel to the film is finally coming out year, and one can only assume that Brick will bring his A-game.
I love lamp.
We are currently seeking Film contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Film contributor, click here.
You Might Also Like...
- Kevin Costner: 5 Awesome Performances And 5 That Sucked
- Vince Vaughn: 5 Awesome Performances And 5 That Sucked
- Will Smith: 5 Awesome Performances And 5 That Sucked
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools