Trifecta is a term rarely used in film. It is more often applied to sports where a team achieves a championship three-peat, a baseball player wins the Triple Crown, or an NBA player has a triple double. The word trifecta is an amalgamation of the Latin-based tri and the American Spanish perfecta meaning any achievement having three successful outcomes. While such a word is rarely applied to films, there is perhaps no better word to describe the perfection that is The Dark Knight Trilogy.
There are few truly stellar trilogies; The Godfather, Lord of the Rings, Toy Story, and Man With No Name trilogies do come to mind. But true perfection over the span of three films is nearly unfathomable, however Christopher Nolan and company have proven it is not impossible.
Here’s 10 reasons why…
10. A Dead Franchise Was Revived
While Batman was literally killed on paper in 2008′s Batman RIPseries, he was figuratively killed nearly a decade earlier after Joel Schumacher’s horrendous Batman and Robin, released in 1997. Between that time and 2005 when Batman Begins was released, Warner Bros. made some attempts at bringing Batman back to the screen but were reluctant to pull the trigger.
The likes of Darren Aronofsky and Frank Miller came close but nothing fully materialized until a little known filmmaker in his early thirties named Christopher Nolan invited Warner Bros. executives to his home to read the draft screenplay he and David S. Goyer had penned for a Batman reboot. Knowing he had something special, Nolan refused to make any copies of the script. Thus began the resuscitation efforts to the Batman film franchise.
We are currently seeking Batman contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Batman contributor, click here.
You Might Also Like...
- 8 Classic Trilogies That Almost Turned Out Completely Different
- 8 Movie Plot Holes That Could Have Been Solved With One Line Of Dialogue
- 5 Directors That Know How To Deliver A Blockbuster
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools