Walt Disney Pictures debuted a new ad spot for John Carter during last night’s Super Bowl and we have the full extended version embedded below.
Coming to theaters in 3D, 2D and IMAX 3D on March 9th, the first live-action movie from Pixar director Andrew Stanton (Wall*E, Finding Nemo) stars Taylor Kitsch, Lynn Collins, Samantha Morton, Mark Strong, Ciaran Hinds, Dominic West, James Purefoy, Daryl Sabara, Polly Walker, Bryan Cranston, Thomas Hayden Church and Willem Dafoe.
You can watch the Super Bowl spot below;
This late in the game, I can’t help but feel John Carter need a stronger trailer delving into the story aspects for those who are not familiar with Edgar Rice Burroughs’ 11-volume Barsoom series. John Carter feels like the Star Wars prequels by the way of Prince of Perisa and although it is clearly an epic, grandeur piece the size of something maybe even like Avatar… the trailer just doesn’t give me enough reasons to care about the universe and its characters. That is not good just weeks before release.
What do you make of the trailer? Are you pumped for John Carter?
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools