Revealed this week at Comic-Con, Capcom have announced that an upgraded version of this years successful Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds is coming in the form of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, that is promising to have plenty of new tweaks. The game will feature twelve new additional characters, all of which have been accidentally leaked online as Hawkeye, Firebrand, Ghost Rider, Strider Hiryu, Nova, Phoenix Wright, Doctor Strange, Vergil, Rocket Raccoon, Nemesis, Iron Fist and Frank West. The game also features some new stages and also has an online spectator mode, as well as some supposed tweaks to the gameplay. Unfortunately, the game is rumored to only be available for purchasing on disc and not able to download for consoles, which is a shame for those like myself who already own the disc to Marvel vs. Capcom 3. To celebrate the news and the hopeful possibilities that it may have, I have compiled a list of the top ten characters that I would like to see in the up-coming game. If you have any ideas for additional fighters or if you want to reply to the list below, please feel free to comment at the bottom of the article.
1. Megaman - CapcomFirst Appearance: Megaman, 1987 Despite the fact that fans have been offered Zero and Tron Bonne, the one character that they want in this series is of course the star, Megaman. Despite his absence for sometime now in games, I was hoping to see the character return in this series and it could have been good to see since he uses his gun for attacks that could be an opposite to Zero, who mainly uses sword-type attacks. While this may not be as a big deal compared to Capcom canceling his next two games, fans want to see Megaman back and lets pray we get to see this character return in some form soon.
2. Silver Surfer - MarvelFirst Appearance: Fantastic Four Number 48, 1966 After playing Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and beating Gallactus, I was a bit surprised that Silver Surfer was not available for downloadable content and is the one Marvel character that I would like to see the most in this game. Using his board and the Power Cosmic, the Silver Surfer could be a fast fighter with quick reflexes that is needed for the roster, blending the floating abilities of MODOK and the fast movements of Viewtiful Joe.
3. Cody Travers - CapcomFirst Appearance: Final Fight, 1989 Even though Cody is mostly associated with the Street Fighter games in recent years, he was actually one of the three main characters in a majority of the Final Fight games. One of the most popular side-scrolling fighting games in the eighties, the series has been a great, retro staple in Capcoms catalogue and this character was one of the three main characters that you could control, with the other two being Mike Haggar and Guy. It could be good to see him use his fighting style in Super Street Fighter 4, it will be good to see him use the style of controls and techniques that were used in the Final Fight games that should give some gamers a great history lesson.
4. Blade - MarvelFirst Appearance: Tomb of Dracula Volume 1 Number 10, 1973 Blade has been popular among films and comics since the series was adapted into its own film series and he would be the dark character that is much needed for these types of fighting games. Using a blend of hand to hand combat and bladed weapons, this would be different compared to the other weapon-based fighters as he could use some punches or karate moves that is used for short-distance attacks and perhaps even a couple of biting abilities to give him some of the vampire characteristics.
5. Wayne Holden - CapcomFirst Appearance: Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, 2006 Lost Planet has been one of the few new series that the company has made and while it may not have been as well received as the likes of Resident Evil and Street Fighter, it has managed to get a great sequel. But what could be great about having the main character, Wayne Holden, is that he could use the similar fighting style that Saki used in Tatsunuko vs. Capcom, as he uses a variety of big guns and gadgets that would be welcomed for these fighting video games.
6. Venom - MarvelFirst Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man Number 299, 1988 One of the most popular and iconic Spider-Man villains of all time, Venom was featured in the previous games and it would be great to see him as being the other character from the Spider-Man universe. Having the same abilities as Spider-Man and also has his own powers such as shapeshifting and being a physically stronger, bulkier version of the hero that was enough to make it a unique enough fighter that can be different from the slim, fast characters.
7. Zack and Wiki - CapcomFirst Appearance: Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros Treasure, 2008 One of my personal favorite games on the Nintendo Wii, Quest for Barbaros Treasure is a very wacky, crazy and hard puzzle game as we see Zack and his flying, golden monkey Wiki trying to find all the golden pieces to Barbaros body in return for his hidden treasure. Both of these small characters could be the more childish characters that might be a welcome edition, using their odd moves such as turning animals into items to use after Wiki transforms into a bell to summoning some bunny pirates as an extra supporting character. Although these series features weird characters such as Viewtiful Joe, Tron Bonne and Arthur, Zack and Wiki could be the duo that might even top them.
8. Daredevil - Marvel -First Appearance: Daredevil Number 1, 1964 Everyones favorite blind superhero is one of the most unique among the many superheroes that exist and his fighting styles could be enough to even make him as equally impressive in a fighting game. Blending his use of martial arts and a billy club, this fighter would most likely have to use close combat techniques and would be a great addition to a range of characters who use wide-range attacks. His use of sensory would be a great way to dodge attacks that are coming from a far distance and might even be able to use his club to attack fighters from afar as well.
9. Kaijin no Soki - CapcomFirst Appearance: Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams, 2006 Many western gamers might not be very familiar with this particular character, but this was the new protagonist in the last Onimusha game back in 2006 and even featured as a fighter in Tatsunuko vs. Capcom. Even though this may not be the most modern character nor the most wanted that fans are asking for, his use of two swords and the dark power called the Oni could be cool to see. But at the same time, fans may not be too excited as Dante from Devil May Cry has powers similar to this character and as long as they add some uniqueness to the controls used in Tatsunuko vs. Capcom, this could be a great addition.
10. The Punisher - MarvelFirst Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man Number 129, 1974 This anti-hero will be the icing on the cake when it comes to crazy and brutal characters to play against others. Using his mixture of guns and the horrible force that he uses behind them, The Punisher would be a great opponent to fight against or control to dish out the many guns that he could use for long-ranged moves. But even though the character has been seen to use hand to hand combat in comics and films, his iconic use of guns and harsh weapons would probably make him a difficult character to control at first, imagining him to be more like Solid Snake in Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Meanwhile you can find new gallery of screenshots from the game - HERE.
Want to write about Marvel Vs. Capcom? Get started below...