Video games have become more and more advanced as the years have gone by. Games like Frogger have become relics of the past and now games are expected to provide cinema-like experiences with a budget that is often astronomical. Their storylines are often brilliantly complex and meticulously scripted in order to provide a story full of emotion, immersion and/or escapism. Video game publishers are now corporations that sit astride some of the biggest names in entertainment and the actors that have played roles in video games have ranged from Samuel L. Jackson to Ellen Page to Tobey Maguire and many more.
So what is it about video games and video gamers that makes people perceive them as a sad hobby for people who have an aversion to sunlight?
You may notice that this article has not actually mentioned the idea of girlfriends yet. That’s simply because that I believe many of these ideas would work as well for any person who wanted to introduce the idea of games to their friends, their relatives or whoever. Indeed, the 2010 ESRB report claims that 40% of gamers are female.
But that doesn’t mean that some girlfriends (and other people, as I said up above) find the idea of playing video games a bit…boring. So, here are 10 things that might help.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on June 13, 2013