There are many factors that go into making a truly great video game, but undeniably it’s the characters within the story who draw us into the story the most, providing us with the motivation to continue playing, and bestowing the game with a very distinct personality. Recent years have seen the video game medium evolve considerably, with more and more talented, A-list voice actors from Hollywood showing up to lend their talents, accepting that not only is gaming a viable way for them to earn some cash, but it’s also a viable medium that is essentially surpassing movies in many quarters. So, here we take a little look at a few of the actors who have put their considerable vocal talents down and really made a mark of their own on the titles that they have starred in.
Here are the 10 greatest casting choices in video game history.
10. Ray Liotta – Tommy Vercetti in Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Coming up with a sequel to the massive hit that was GTA 3 was never going to be an easy task, so what better way to assure success than with some good, even great character casting? Ray Liotta brings a lot of gangster-cred to the game of course, owing largely to his iconic signature role as Henry Hill in Martin Scorsese’s cinematic masterpiece Goodfellas, and his definitive voice is instantly recognisable within the gangster film genre. Liotta really sits well as Vercetti and delivers a good all-round performance on top of his already mentioned credibility, making him easily the most personable and likeable protagonist of any of the GTA games to date.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on January 9, 2013