2. Amnesia/Splinter Cell
This second choice is one my favourites. Taking Amnesia’s premise of not being able to tackle your enemies head on and applying it to Sam Fishers world complement each other almost perfectly. Add the future tech Mr Fisher has access to which help him navigate his way around these deadly creatures would create a present day horror with the Amnesia scares. A hit for sure!
So looking at this a little closer I have suggested Amnesia’s scares in Sam Fishers world, but Sam’s world is our world. So that got me thinking where would be a good place for Sam to endure the terrifying darkness. Keeping things true to the older style of Amnesia I’ve had a look into many kinds of different places. Looking at places like Chillingham Castle or The Sedlec Ossuary. I finally decided on Pripyat however as the long abandoned town is certainly a disconcerting place.
Now when it comes to Amnesia for those who may not have played it Amnesia does not encourage confrontation. Well actually you can’t kill enemies at all, so the sneaking is the crucial part of the game. I believe this should stay the same as even though Mr Fisher certainly is good with a gun the fear lies in not being able to defeat the threat and therefore you’re always at risk.
Games Similar: Once again I think this is a unique idea although playing Amnesia would certainly fill the gap. You just won’t have the cool tech that Fisher brings with him.
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer