There’s nothing quite like a violent video game, am I right? Over years of pumping virtual violence into our brain via our TV screens, we – as a collective audience – have become more and more desensitized to what we see. We’d have gasped in horror when we first saw Resident Evil, but now, looking back, it seems about as tame as a Disney Interactive game.
Virtual violence has to sort of constantly one-up itself to meet the growing disinterest of the modern market place. Cutting someone’s head off? Seen that, what else you got? Dismembering someone limb by limb? Not violent enough, I did that last month. What else you got?
Thanks to that, there have been some pretty horrific deaths in gaming over the years. And it only seems to be getting worse. We thought we’d take a look back over the blood bath in an attempt to pick out what we consider to be some of the most violent virtual deaths ever.
Sick buckets at the ready? Let’s jump straight in.
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer