There’s nothing quite like gaming. Derided by many as simply a way to distract our attention while we make our way through this beautiful thing called life, anyone who has actually sat down and properly invested in what’s going on will know it’s so much more than that. Games can make us feel every emotion across the spectrum, and there’s nothing quite like the thrill of completing them.
And then we have the bosses. Make no mistake, bosses exist to ruin your day. They’re the gatekeepers to gaming nirvana – they weigh you, measure you, and if you’re found wanting, then I’m afraid you’re not on the guest list. There will be no satisfaction for you, not if they’ve got anything to say about it.
Of course, we half expect this. Reward is nothing without challenge, and most of us are always ready to take the bull by the horns if the situation requires. Yet some bosses are different. They took a gun to a knife-fight. These irritating fellows inhabit gamers’ nightmares, well and truly prepared to break what little hope you have of accomplishing anything. They’re the bosses that make you scream at the screen and accuse an inanimate object of somehow plotting against you.
So without further ado, here are some of the worst offenders when it comes to giving gamers sleepless nights and the shakes. Hopefully I’ve covered all bases and all eras, but if I haven’t feel free to throw rotten fruit at me in the comment section.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on June 19, 2013