Like any entertainment medium, the world of video games is all about marketing, and how a game is presented to us before it’s released.
Plenty of games thankfully look awesome and the final release goes onto justify this, but in many cases, we can be perusing the games in our local store and be drawn in by a flashy, sexy, or downright awesome video game cover, and it’ll dupe us into actually throwing down some coins to play it. All’s fine and dandy until we pop the disc in our console of choice and we quickly realise that…the game sucks. It really sucks.
We’ve all been there, and it’s not a nice feeling. Among the usual sentiments of anger is the thought that perhaps the developers should have spent as much money making the thing as they devoted to hiring brilliant artists to design all the cover art. These 10 games looked super-cool, with nothing left over for the actual game itself.
Feel free to add your own suggestions or disagree with me in the comments below!
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on January 26, 2014