There was once a time when all video games were happy-go-lucky affairs, where good triumphed over evil, a hero vanquished a villain and everyone lived happily ever after. Those days are now gone, with “edgy” (read darker) writing replacing happy resolutions and everyone ending up either dead or on the way there.
But then, happy endings aren’t always all they’re cracked up to be. Just last week we posted a run down of the 10 movie endings with hugely disturbing implications that you totally missed first time out, and it isn’t just the silver screen that sees that sort of short-sightedness. A lot of the classic happy endings we’ve been fed over the years probably haven’t actually turned out as peachy as we might have thought.
Just as Hollywood tends to pull the wool over our eyes when it comes to glossing over what really happened around the edges of these so-called happy endings, game developers have proved themselves committed to the same cause, hoping we won’t see the giant iceberg up ahead for looking at the pretty sea.
These examples are ten of the most extreme disturbing implications from video games, that developers wanted us to miss. But we’re saying no more, the true must find a way!
Needless to say, there are SPOILERS WITHIN, so proceed with caution…
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
This article was first posted on May 6, 2013