Video games have a way to suck away your free time and make the world seem like its moving at triple speed. Since the first console made it into our homes (the Magnavox Odyssey in 1972), making the trip to the arcade redundant along the way, the video game industry has grown leaps and bounds in the past four decades, becoming the most financially profitable area of entertainment in the world.
And that doesn’t happen by accident. Flagship titles have proven that video games can provide ample entertainment to consumers of all ages, and the most some the most recognizable of titles have been the ones that take the video game concept and add a crucial element to it, namely replay value and longevity.
A simple story based linear storyline in a game can be a fun way to kill a few hours, but it’s the games that rewarded players for their curiosity, exploration, craftsmanship and sheer determination that really have eaten up players time over the years. Whilst there are dozens and dozens of titles I could have chosen from, I’ve instead narrowed the list down to ten games that throughout my own life has rendered me virtually off the grid with my friends and family for extended periods of time.
Sound off in the comments section about games that have had you confined to your couch and your fingers glued to your controllers.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on October 30, 2013