6. Ryse: Son Of Rome
Now hands up how many of you remember this being shown years ago as potential for Microsoft’s new camera thingy?
Yep, Ryse was revealed absolutely ages ago and was to be a Kinect-only title for the Xbox 360. But then it disappeared for years, locked in the vault with a Final Fantasy VII remake and The Last Guardian (oh, and Halflife 3), but recently resurface as absolutely nothing to do with the initial reveal. Apart from the title.
Now controlled using a traditional controller with some Kinect commands thrown in, Ryse is a CryEngine fuelled eye-meltingly beautiful Roman fighty thing where you play as a burly general who likes to fight lots of people and do things that Romans do. Expect lots of brutal kills, a few quick time events and lots of blood as you chop down all those prats who stand before you.
Ryse: Son of Rome is an Xbox One exclusive and will release on launch day.
Bonus points if you know how to pronounce it. Is it Rise? Is it Rysee? Is it Reese? Do we really care?
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on November 6, 2013