Finally, after months of speculation, genial debate and pre-pubescent teenage boys getting over-excited, Black Ops 2, the latest installment in the Call of Duty franchise has been released. The most successful video-game series of all time, Call of Duty has seen nine installments with it’s latest issue making $500 million in just one day.
While the first three Call of Duty games were, in my opinion, inferior to the initial Medal of Honor games, with the release of the XBox 360 and the PS3, Call of Duty stole the march on Medal of Honor with the release of Modern Warfare, establishing the online-multiplayer frenzy that exists to this day.
Of course, the most important aspect of multiplayer are the maps. No one wants to play on a crude, badly-designed map, but a well thought out one. Obviously people have different game styles and therefore different opinions on what map type is the best. Personally, I prefer smaller maps as I am an attack-minded player, relishing the prospect of rushing around the maps.
In this article, I will do a count-down of the 20 greatest maps in the Call of Duty franchise up to Black Ops 2. However, only maps that came with the base-game will be featured in this article.
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand