Movies inspired by video games are well-known for their ability to disappoint their audience.
Movies like Mortal Kombat, Doom and Max Payne didn’t live up to their hype. People were expecting a movie that did justice to their respective games – what they got in return was Doom’s extremely dark screen, a close up of Mark Wahlberg’s face during what should have been Max Payne’s most intense shootout, and Mortal Kombat’s cheesey dialogue.
This doesn’t necessarily mean video games can’t be made into movies: Resident Evil, Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider turned out to be pretty successful.
Here is a list of 5 current-gen video games that should be made into movies. These were picked with regards to the potential of satisfying its audience based on story, visuals and originality…
5. Sleeping Dogs
If you’ve played Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong), then you know the potential this game has as a movie. If you watched the Sleeping Dogs live-action fight film, then you were probably one of the people who had that little voice in the back of their heads saying, “I want more!”
Not only did the game have a fantastic plot, but its emphasis on combat could make the next movie a box office hit. There aren’t many American martial arts films released in theatres nowadays as Jackie Chan and Jet Li have retired, but if this game is made into a movie; not only would it have little to no competition but it would attract its initial fanbase plus martial arts movie connoisseurs.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on February 19, 2013