So this is my first ever post, which means you probably don’t know how much of a fanboy I am with anything concerning Assassin’s Creed. The series is by far my favourite, and the first thing I checked when the new consoles were announced was which was getting AC IV: Black Flag first.
I have played all of the main series games, as well as two portable versions, have read two of the books (I’m reading another currently), and my favourite Christmas gift of all time still has to be my prized white and red hoody. The latest installment in the series (excluding the forthcoming Black Flag), while being generally well received by reviews, is not exactly loved by the fans. In fact, it’s often called the worst in the series. I highly disagree, and have many reasons for doing so. Here’s ten of these reasons…
(Minor spoiler warning)
7. The “Kenway Family Saga”
This is a rather weak point, so I’m getting it out of the way quickly. Ubisoft have said many times they’re doing a Kenway family saga, which would show how each of the Kenway men (Edward, Haytham and Connor) chose very different paths through life. I think that this saga is good, as it can show similarities and differences in all three characters, and show more about how each’s actions have influenced each other. We know that AC IV is starring Edward Kenway: assassin, pirate and l’Oreal posterboy of the past, but is a Haytham-centered game on it’s way? I tend to disagree, due to the book “Assassin’s Creed: Forsaken” detailing his life, but anything is possible. Speaking of the book…
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on August 24, 2013