Call of Duty. For some it’s a franchise which has brought first person shooting games to the masses. The opportunity to follow memorable characters through storylines straight out of a Hollywood movie, combined with a diverse range of fast paced multiplayer modes, make it the natural choice for those wanting to let off some steam for a few hours. For others – especially those who can remember back to before 2003 – it’s perhaps better known as a series which has killed the FPS genre by churning out the same dross year on year in a relentless attempt to part consumers from their money. Whichever way you look at it, there is no denying that the games have a strong following – and that they won’t be going away any time soon.
It is perhaps disappointing that despite almost a decade of continuous development from both Infinity Ward and Treyarch, the most recent instalment, ‘Black Ops 2’, is still by no means a perfect game. Although it had die-hard fans queuing in the cold to get a copy at midnight release before topping the Christmas charts and selling millions of units worldwide, it is still full to bursting with annoying features and awkward game play mechanics that have players throwing their controllers at the wall in frustration.
With the newly announced ‘Ghosts’ just around the corner, what follows is a brief rundown of what we here at WhatCulture think needs to be fixed. Will it happen? Only time will tell…
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on July 5, 2013