Elder Scrolls, for my money at least, is perhaps one of the greatest RPG series in existence. No series offers as much depth in terms of immersion. It’s quite possible to ‘fall in’ to an Elder Scrolls title; to lose yourself in it indefinitely as you might in a really good MMORPG. Personally, I’ve been a die-hard fan since Morrowind. I was there with bells on for Oblivion. And with Skyrim rapidly becoming a thing of the past, I’m now looking ahead to what comes next.
It might be worth mentioning at this point that I’m not including The Elder Scrolls Online in my speculation; I see that as its own entity, connected to the Elder Scrolls franchise in name only. I’m primarily concerning myself with what comes next for the main series.
Skyrim was the fifth title in the main franchise (not including DLC) and you could practically place a bet on the fact that, with its resounding success both financially and critically, that we’ll be getting a sixth at some point in the hopefully not-too-distant future. And I literally cannot wait; unfortunately, I’m going to have to. That’s where this article comes in.
I’ve compiled a list of ten possible predictions for the next Elder Scrolls game. All are based firmly in possibility, some are more probable than others, but it’s my belief that each one represents positive evolution for the franchise.
Well met, stranger. Let’s begin.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on October 22, 2012