9. Tree Climbing
Something that felt missing from AC3 was the gorgeous architecture at your disposal to leap and climb all over. Though there is some of that, it is rare to be on a rooftop for more than five seconds before you have the eyes of four or more guards all over you with their guns drawn. (Throwing knives would have helped a lot in those situations.)
And on the off chance you can stay and leap across rooftops for a while it is only a matter of time before there is nowhere else to go, the streets are often too wide to jump, and those tight ropes that were always in the handiest of places in previous games are few and far between. Luckily to make up for what seems to be frowned upon climbing in cities there is a new tree climbing mechanic and it is oh so satisfying. It is handy in the winter, no longer do you have to wade yourself through the deep snow saving you precious time. It gets you easily past patrols in the frontier, or gives you the perfect opportunity to try out your rope darts, quite the way to make an entrance into battle!
It is fun and for the most part fluid and an extremely welcome change to the series.
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand