We’re heading into the busiest time of the year for tent-pole gaming releases, and into the cauldron of titles that includes Call of Duty:Ghosts, Grand Theft Auto V, Battlefield 4, Lego Marvel Heroes, Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs and many more, Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed IV will land on shelves soon. While it’s not necessarily the easiest thing to keep up with so many games, it seems that Assassin’s Creed is almost willfully being ignored in favour of some of the other releases.
So, why is that the case?
Well for one, it’s a matter of self-preservation: I believe it is a tactic used by fans to protect themselves from being disappointed with the game like they allowed themselves to be with AC3. Let’s face it, no matter how much you loved AC3, it was a let down on a number of fronts, and there are certainly those gamers out there who have stopped looking forward to AC4 because of how “horribly boring game” it was. And if that’s the genuine reason, that’s fair enough.
But, while there are a few reasons to dislike the game, most them basically boil down to the player being incapable of letting go of Ezio and/or understanding Connor. And if you fall into that category, you’re missing out because of blind allegiance, and you need to reconsider.
But whatever the reason for your potentially fading interest in AC4, here’s 3 big reasons why you should put it firmly back on your radar, as well as the inevitable counter-arguments…
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on August 20, 2013