Battlefield 4 is nearly here and for those of you most looking forward to it, the beta offered an early opportunity to play, when it was available, and some early insight into what Dice are offering with this year’s version. Siege of Shanghai was a fun map and did give a strong impression of how much the game has changed, and clearly, it also allowed Dice to check out how well the game ran on various systems.
Unfortunately for current console owners the game you played was a mere shadow of the game that will be available for PC and the next gen consoles. And in all honesty, with smaller maps and less destruction the current gen version feels more like a re-skinned version of Battlefield 3 with new controls.
On PC, the game had a hard time running on everyone’s machines but when it did run we could see the potential for greatness, and the signs of a beautiful looking game with destruction far surpassing that of its predecessor. Playing for a few hours made you forget Battlefield 3 even existed and had everyone crying for more, which surely has to be the big target for Dice.
With that in mind I put together a list of our impressions from the beta.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on October 25, 2013