On the same day we found out there would be a new Call of Duty game next year, we apparently now know for a fact that there will be a Battlefield 4. In a keynote speech at the University of Southern California, Electronic Arts president Frank Gibeau made it official what we all presumed was inevitable anyway.
Here is the exact quote from twitter:
“there is going to be a Battlefield 4″
Like the Call of Duty announcement today I think a new Battlefield game was basically a forgone conclusion. Especially considering Battlefield 3 was one of the best selling games in EA’s history. No other details have been released and EA has not confirmed this report yet but like I said it is probably a forgone conclusion.
I would like to know what this means for the Battlefield Bad Company brand, will EA allow enough time for both branches of the franchise or are they going to push a new Battlefield every other year? My best guess is, EA is going to alternate years between the Battlefield series and their Medal of Honor franchise; they will produce one of those games every year to compete with Call of Duty. What do you think will we see Medal of Honor next year and a new Battlefield the year after?
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on November 9, 2011