Grand Theft Auto is quite possibly the most recognisable name in gaming. Fewer franchises garner such interest or and hearsay before a game even launches. While Grand Theft Auto IV had its fair share of detractors, V is spawning so much interest that it may even, shock-horror, beat Call Of Duty: Ghosts this year in terms of sales (even if Rockstar aren’t chancing by releasing two months prior).
Although, how did it get so big? And how did it change everything within the medium? If you are a younger reader you perhaps were not alive for the rise of Grand Theft Auto in the pop culture. It is mentioned in all of our history books, and despite just being a fine game, how did it all end up this way?. With excitement at a fever pitch after the triple character trailer hit the other day, it seems as good a time as any to start considering what made GTA so important to the medium. Allow me to get reflective and consider why we care about Rockstar’sflag ship game so much
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on May 3, 2013