In an official statement today, THQ officially announced that Company of Heroes 2 is in development and will likely release early 2013. The game will move you to the east as you will be the Russia’s Red Army fighting to stage off an invasion of Nazi forces. The game is being developed by the same team who built the first game Dawn of War studio Relic.
A list of some new features that have yet to be explained: “Dynamic Battle Tactics, enhanced environmental destruction, new Commander Abilities, and better graphics”.
THQ exec Danny Bilson had this to say about Company of Heroes 2:
“We are excited to announce a sequel to one of THQ’s best loved properties, Company of Heroes 2 will deliver an amazing strategy experience along with a strong post-launch digital content plan that enhances and expands the product’s lifecycle.”
As of right now this is all the information that has been released about the game; however I would expect more hype for the game as the year goes on but maybe not at E3 as THQ has cancelled their booth. This was not really a surprise considering this Company of Heroes 2 had been already revealed in an issue of PC Gamer it still comes as a welcome announcement considering the financial trouble THQ has had the past year.
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer