It’s an exciting time for Dead Space fans and symphorophiles alike this week, as Visceral Games treats us to our first explosive, disaster-stricken, necromorph-ridden twenty minute gameplay trailer for Dead Space 3.
Presented by Executive Producer Steve Papoutsis, the footage begins in the second act, Isaac having ‘discovered an all-new hostile environment’ leading him to an encounter with a brand new necromorph. We see Isaac traversing an icy, post-disaster no man’s land, taking us through a variety of environments and even a couple of boss fights.
You’ll see a lot of new features and set pieces, including the all-new co-op play. The pace seems decidedly quicker than what we’ve come to expect from the Dead Space franchise, the gunplay a lot louder and the action more frequent. There’s less listening to things crawling around in vents, keeping you on edge and a lot more just shooting everything right up in the face.
This footage seems to imply that Visceral intend follow on from Dead Space 2 and do away with the old-school survival horror elements that many loved so much about the original. Is that a good thing? Stay tuned for more news.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on June 19, 2012