9. Gylfi Sigurdsson, 76
The man who Michu was signed to replace seems equally unappreciated by EA.
Last season the Icelander was loaned to Swansea City for half a season and was a revelation: 7 goals and 3 assists followed in 17 Premier League games, and the goals tended to be spectacular, including two superb efforts from distance against Wigan, the second from a free kick, a situation where Sigurdsson is frequently lethal. A bouncing strike from outside the box at White Hart Lane only emphasised his speciality for long shots, and another highlight was his sublime curler into the top corner against Blackburn Rovers supposedly weaker foot.
At the end of the season there was a fierce battle for his signature between Swansea, Liverpool and Tottenham before the North Londoners snapped him up for £8 million. Although he has found playing time hard to come by at Tottenham so far this is only because they have another great player, Clint Dempsey, operating in his favourite position behind the striker.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on October 26, 2012