The latest addition to the Gears of War franchise – Gears of War: Judgement – will not ship with Kinect support built in according to Cliff Bleszinski, Epic Games Design Director. Having shelved plans for a Kinect supported Gears of War title called ‘Exile’ in April this year, it seems that Epic lacks faith in the technology to deliver for the series.
Bleszinski told Games TM:
“There are not a lot of things that wound up in there (from The ‘Exile’ project). There’s one thing actually that you just reminded me of though, is that we are not supporting Kinect in Gears Judgment. I like Kinect, I’ve been a fan of it, but I don’t think it has been fully realised as far as the potential of the device. Dance Central 3 looks great and all, but I’m curious how the ‘core’ games will work out.”
With Halo 4 possibly supporting Kinect when it launches in November and the forthcoming Kinect controlled Fable title ‘The Journey’ it is safe to say that Microsoft is not afraid to use its flagship franchises to promote the sales of the technology. Whether it improves or adds anything to the titles in invades remains largely to be seen however and Epic don’t yet seem convinced.
Gears of War Judgement focuses on Damon Baird from the original Gears of War trilogy and has been rumoured to be “brutally” hard – at least we know now that this isn’t simply due to Kinect’s involvement in the project. The game is due out in early 2013.
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer