Rockstar can’t seem to move without making waves. With virtually every online eye focused intently on GTA V and its road to release, it looks like this time they’re working on a tsunami. I’m not sure I remember a game that’s been so hotly anticipated, so consistently googled and speculated on, if there ever was one. Suffice it to say, we’re standing on the precipice of yet another huge R* release. And of course, along with that comes yet another controversy sh*tstorm.
R* could perhaps be considered the kings of controversy. After all, they rode a wave of public outcry right to the top of the gaming industry with their original GTA releases, and gained themselves a bad boy notoriety when they unleashed the viscerally upsetting Manhunt onto an unsuspecting world.
The original GTA caused quite a stir, and in those early days its controversy caused it to be condemned in Britain, Germany and France, and even banned outright in Brazil, with its “extreme violence” cited as the reason. Lucky for R* (and for us Brits) that the series was championed by publicist Max Clifford, who planted stories in UK tabloids to help sell the game.
And each time a new GTA is released, R* invite similar levels of damning controversy upon themselves. Why? Well, that’s what I’m here to discuss. GTA V will cause controversy and much of it, of that you could pretty much bet your house on. Here are ten reasons why.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on September 23, 2012