Last September, we posted an article profiling “5 Cheat Codes We Want To See In GTA V” but a lot has changed since then.
Rockstar have released a lot more information in the months that have followed, and have given gamers a more in-depth look at the sprawling world they will be able to explore by the time the game ships later this year.
And it is because of these reasons why we no longer feel as though cheat codes have a place in GTA V.
Cheats have been present in every Grand Theft Auto game since GTA III way back on the PlayStation 2, and despite the emergence of “trophies” and “achievements” on next generation platforms, as well as more emphasis being placed on online play, Rockstar have stuck with them while other developers felt they lent players an unfair advantage.
Cheats have been present in a lot of other Rockstar games, such as Red Dead Redemption, but we think it is time for this trend to stop as we prepare to make the leap to yet another generation of consoles.
Here, we run through 5 reasons why we believe GTA V should not have cheat codes.
Click “Next” to get started.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on May 31, 2013