Grand Theft Auto 5 is on the horizon with new details let loose rapidly over the past year. I am sure most are interested in getting their hands on the latest installment into the iconic and often controversial sandbox crime saga but while we wait we can soak in the tantalizing trailers. Whether it was the original trailer showing off the story while simultaneously blasting some Stevie Wonder or the gameplay blowout trailer, you can learn quite a bit from the 10 or so cumulative minutes of footage unveiled, and to say it looks exciting, it’s a magnificent understatement…
As an avid gamer what struck me most is how compound the features were not just across previous GTA entries but rather everything Rockstar has created in their tenure as a prolific development studio. Influences range from Max Payne to Midnight Club to even critically acclaimed 2010 Game of the Year Red Dead Redemption. All of these franchises contain various elements that enable them to stand above their individual competition – they are classics of the marketplace, and each of their genres.
But what happens when you take these hailed features and amalgamate them into one prodigious GTA title?
Well, you get GTA V.
Grand Theft Auto V is the point to which all Rockstar steps have been leading – it is their magnum opus, and a celebration of everything that has come before, as well as an amalgamation and advancement of each of those things.
And here is why…
We are currently seeking Grand Theft Auto contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Grand Theft Auto contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand