Those of you that haven’t jumped on the Machinima bandwagon and watched Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, well, here’s your reason to do so. I won’t spoil too much, but let’s just say it involves a Spartan possibly called John, a Warthog and a hell of a lot of heart.
FUD is a precursor (fanboys, excuse the pun), to Halo 4 detailing events leading up to the almighty return of one of the world’s biggest Sci-Fi franchises. Many plot elements and character portrayals within Halo 4 will have resonant connections to what is showing in FUD, so start watching here!
The show represents more than just a spin off TV show, it foreshadows the direction Microsoft and 343 Industries seem to be taking the Halo franchise. Game to Movie conversions have made a bad name for themselves in recent years; just take Doom and Resident Evil for instance. Truly action heavy films, lacking in any emotional tie. If a character dies, you really couldn’t give a crap.
FUD corrects this flaw, and brings back that connection we’ve been longing for, the one where we give a stuff about bonds and relationships, and all that mushy stuff.
Still waiting for a Halo film? Well you’ll have to wait a little bit longer. But if this is anything to go by, a film could be just around the corner, and Microsoft are ready to throw some cash it’s way. Stay tuned, Chief is back.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on October 23, 2012