While discussing the making games for the PS Vita Nomura went on to say:
“The PS Vita is definitely a powerful device that is very interesting, but because of its high power, there isn’t much of a difference with a console. So even if we were to make a game, we would have to be very careful about how to create it for that device. I also feel that it’s about time that Kingdom Hearts should go back to being on a console.”
There has not been a Kingdom Hearts game released on consoles since 2004 with Kingdom Hearts 2 and from the sounds of it the next console Kingdom Hearts game is yet to be in production. In other words, fans of the Kingdom Heart series may have to wait until the next generation of consoles before they get Kingdom Hearts 3.
Nomura finished up by stating:
“I’m not able to disclose any information on what’s coming next or any other future plans, but you may be able to find a hint if you play through Dream Drop Distance to the very end.”
I feel bad for Kingdom Hearts fans, Square Enix has been overly focused on the Final Fantasy franchise, and basically ignored Kingdom Hearts fans pleas for the third iteration of the game they desperately want. Unfortunately it is looking like they may not get until the next generation of consoles at this rate.
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer