After over 3 years of frustration for the competitive Super Smash Bros. Brawl player, Meta Knight (Kirby’s nemesis, if there is ever such a thing) is being removed as a playable character from online competitive play.
This will take effect only in North America from January 9th 2012 and will come as wonderful news for many keen Smash Bros players because of Meta Knight’s aerial attacks and flight ability it has allowed gamers to “unfairly” dominate and monopolise online battles, with some gamers calling the character “broken”
I’ve often played Super Smash Bros. Brawl and I have struggled against gamers playing as Meta Knight, but I thought this was a character that just seemed to dominate my style by coincidence. It would seem this issue has been voiced by gamers for a long time now. The decision was taken after a trial tournament was conducted where the player was banned, and the feedback was overwhelming.
Strange, but fascinating story – If GoldenEye 007 was released today, Nintendo would have taken similar actions in regards to Odd-Job (I still remember the heated “No Odd Job” arguments with friends).
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer