Just a day has passed since the Dead Space 3 logo and a first screenshot appeared online and already we’re being treated to a few more revealing images.
The images – seven in total – show Isaac in a variety of poses and situations, disclosing a couple of interesting details about upcoming features. Firstly, taking inspiration from failing TV shows attempting to rebrand their characters, Visceral Games have given Isaac a ragged looking beard, indicating that he’s not only progressed as a character in some way since the last venture but is also a little bit more bad-ass.
We’re also treated to an exciting shot of what could be Isaac dual-wielding, as well some new, gangly looking enemies (albeit still quintessentially Dead Space) about to be blown to pieces. The most interesting reveal from these images, however, is the confirmation of co-op play and some stills of Isaac’s new buddy, John Carver. According to his brief backstory in a previous graphic novel short, John – a similarly suited engineer – seems to be just another family man looking to find his wife and kid after the necromorphs appear on his home turf.
The inclusion of co-op is a much awaited feature for the franchise, but will it affect the game’s survival horror roots? Will Dead Space hold its atmosphere when you have a friend to join you? With E3 on the way next month, we’re bound to get a host of new information on what to look forward to.
Here are those 7 screenshots…
You can follow all of our Dead Space 3 coverage by heading to our Dead Space 3 hubpage.
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer