Pikmin 3, a game that many have spent years impatiently waiting for, is finally coming to Europe on July 26th. The game will be available in both physical and digital forms, with those buying it from the eShop also getting a 30% discount on The Wondeful 101, developed by Platinum Games. It’s also an exclusive to the Wii U, though that could probably go without saying.
The USA, on the other hand, will have to wait until August 4th before they can start throwing around any little plant people, but if you’ve been waiting nine years for this game as many have you probably won’t mind having to hold out for a few extra days.
Pikmin is a relatively niche franchise, meaning it’s unlikely to sell the numbers predicted for Super Smash Bros or Kirby’s Dream Land 3. However, it is nice to see a Nintendo game that doesn’t revolve around one of their main poster characters such as Mario, Sonic, Kirby, and Link, giving Wii U owners a bit more diversity in their gaming experience.
The very fact it isn’t going to be available on other formats will also be problematic for sales, as Nintendo’s new console still hasn’t made the impact on the market executives were hoping it would, but rumours suggest Pikmin 3’s announcement has spurred an increase in console sales in Japan.
Are you excited about the Pikmin 3, or do you think other games set to come out in the next few months overshadow the colourful adventure? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on July 22, 2013