Sony have announced that the PlayStation Network will be going down for maintenance between 8:00 am PST until approximately 10:00 pm PST on Thursday March 1st.
Here is the statement from Sony:
“Unlike typical maintenance events, consumers who are already signed-in to PSN will be signed-out, and consumers will be unable to sign in for the duration of the maintenance window. During this time, users won’t be able to access the PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home, Account Management or play online.
PSN enabled websites will not be able to service users, including this one. Please stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for a notice when PSN is fully back online.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.”
So during this time you won’t be able to sign in to your account, access the PlayStation Store, play online games, or use PSN-enabled websites. Basically the system will be down for the entire day so be prepared to not be able to play multiplayer or access online functionality of games for most of Thursday. Hopefully the maintenance will not go over the allotted time frame and we will be back and online gaming as fast as possible.
How many of you are going to be affected by this outage?
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on February 28, 2012