Spec Ops: The Line is already out in the US, and it’s getting great reception from reviewers. At this point many gamers can easily be jaded by the many military shooters that seemingly flood the market with an insane amount of consistency.
Spec Ops: The Line aims to change the perspective of flat and confusing narratives by focusing on the horrors of war, and the psychological toll that it can take on any soldier. Breaking free from the conventions that all a shooter needs to do is fulfill our innermost desires of destruction Spec Ops focuses on the powerful tale of a special operative group that must dive into the heart of Dubai in order to search for an A.W.O.L. General. What they find will test their limits, and show exactly the consequences of their actions.
There is no reward for adhering to a “good” sense of morality or even for choosing a “bad” action, but instead relies on the power of having to witness what happens after you make your decisions.
2K Games could easily be viewed as taking a leap of faith in the gaming community. These pre-conceived notions about what a shooter needs to be in order to sell seem unbreakable, but it is refreshing to see a chance being taken to grow the narrative impact that gaming can have. With any luck this will be the start of a beautiful relationship.
Enjoy the launch trailer below, and let us know your thoughts in the comments!
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer