1. He Rode A Motorbike Long Before Mario Kart Wii
Back at E3 2007 when Mario Kart Wii was announced to feature bikes, many fans were worried that the change would weaken the game as a whole. As we all now know the game came out just fine, but we were fools to be worried in the first place as its not as if that game was Mario’s first experience with a motorcycle. Maybe you’re forgetting the 1997 SNES game, Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Battle Stadium?
The game was distributed across the SNES’s download service Satellaview and was a remake of the NES game Excitebike, with the main difference being all the human bikers had been replaced with Mario characters! Mario, Luigi, Toad, Wario, and Yoshi were all featured in the game, with red and green Koopa Troopas thrown in as non-playable characters. The game only ever saw release in Japan, but holds the title of first Mario game in which the character rode a motorbike.
So what did you think of these Mario facts? Please let me know in the comments below!
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on May 4, 2013