The Japanese RPG Tales series has always been a respectable one, for as many releases as the series has had, the quality of the games remains fairly strong. Well today we learned that Tales of Xillia will finally be released in North America and Europe sometime in 2013 for the PS3. Tthe game has already been released in Japan, and the sequel will be released later this year.
People including myself have been clamoring for a western release of Tales of Xillia because it is one of the more unique releases in the franchise. For one the camera is centered behind the main character rather than overhead, and you start the game by choosing one of two main characters to play as. Once you choose who to play as, you will get a different opening scene depending on whether you select the character of Jude or Milla.
This was actually the most pre-ordered Tales game in the history of the franchise, and went on to be the best selling game in the history of the franchise as well.
Here is the official statement from Namco Bandai:
“The recent success for this year’s releases of Tales of the Abyss® and Tales of Graces™ f has helped make localizing Tales of Xillia for North America one of the easiest decisions we have ever made, The latest game in this prolific series gives gamers a brand new world and cast of characters to get lost in along with its celebrated battle system that has yet to be rivaled by other Japanese RPGs.”
Here is the one of the first trailers for the game:
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer