It was reported earlier this week that Uncharted 3 had surpassed 1.1 million copies sold in a week; Sony has now clarified that number and it is actually bigger than first indicated. According to Sony, Uncharted 3 sold 3.8 million copies worldwide on its’ first day of sales. There was a little confusion over whether that was sold or shipped, but Sony later confirmed it was units sold on the first day.
After the good but not great sales of Uncharted 2, it is looking like the Uncharted series may become one of the best selling franchises on PlayStation and deservedly so.
Here is what Sony had to say:
“Uncharted 3 is a blockbuster and these incredible sales figures reflect that. Consumers are clearly as eager to play the game as critics were to heap praise upon it, and the team at Naughty Dog deserve this fantastic reception at retail,”
With all the praise for the game from reviewers and fans alike, Uncharted 3 will most likely surpass Uncharted 2 sales some time soon possibly by the end of the year. In other words, expect an announcement soon that Uncharted 4 is in development from Naughty Dog.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on November 10, 2011