A couple of job listings have popped up on CD Projekt Red’s website that indicate two new RPGs may be in the works from the Witcher 2 developer. According to the information on the post one of the games will most likely be Witcher 3, while the other RPG will be a new IP. Both are listed as “RPG in a dark fantasy world” and a “RPG in a brand new setting”.
Here is the official statement on the job listings:
“Our mature dark-fantasy world is well known around the world, though if you can’t stomach dwarves, elves or sorceresses who put their ample charms on display in Playboy magazine, we’ve got also something special that might be right up your alley!
“We’re looking for people who would rather work on an entirely new and different IP – a vast RPG for which we want to assemble the best possible staff. It represents an opportunity for you to create a grand new project from the ground up! And hell, no matter if it’s with guns or swords, we’re just having a good time here.”
Presumably the first game mentioned in the job listing will be Witcher 3, while the second game will be as described a new IP. I think everybody knew that Witcher 3 was probably on the way after the breakout success of Witcher 2. It will be interesting to see what CD Projekt Red has in in store for us with this new RPG, hopefully it can reach the same level of quality that made Witcher 2 one of last years best games.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on May 14, 2012